Saturday 1 November 2014

Time for Pretty!

Halloween is behind us and it time for cute and sexy and pretty and girly again!

Nobody is more girly than one of my friends who has a birthday coming up this month.  I purchased the beautiful Betty's Boudoir digis back when they were released....and then kind of "hoarded" them in a way!  haha.  I'm sure we all do it with scrapbook supplies; I do it with digis too.  I save them until I can make something special with them, looking forward to the first time I get to colour them.

Considering how excited I was to make something with her, it did NOT go smoothly.

First, I keep seeing these awesome shabby-chic makes with Frantage.  Well apparently there's more than one kind, and I bought the wrong one.  I heated and heated waiting for these to melt until I scorched the paper.  It smoked so bad I turned it over to make sure it wasn't on fire!
Second, I've been saving this awesome rub-on and gem combo...but when I used it, it barely showed! (both pictured below.  Thankfully the frantage covered most of the burn)



Third, I had the perfect frame picked out for my Silhouette, but the paper I wanted was just too flimsy and all the fine flourishes ripped.  I tried again with a more sturdy paper, but only slightly better results.  In the end I cut out just a portion of the frame to use.

When all was said and done the card took WAY longer than it should have to put together, but I really love it!

Copics used:
Skin - E000, 00, 21, 11, 04
Hair - E47, 37, 34
Undies - RV21, 23, 25, 29
Stockings - C03, 05, 07, 110

If anyone has some tips about Frantage I'd be grateful if you left a comment!  I think  I'll need to do some YouTube research before I try again.  Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment